What Is It?


This service is generally for parents who are separated or divorced. A therapist acting in a child specialist role does not focus on the mental health of the individual parents or child, but instead educates parents and can provide recommendations and resources based on the situation and current child development research. This service is similar to co-parent counseling, however generally is short-term. Children may be invited to some of the sessions.



Please contact one of the following clinicians if you are interested with a child specialist.

Contact Us

Child Specialist

West Des Moines

6600 Westown Pkwy., Suite 240

West Des Moines, Iowa 50266


General Fax: (515) 401-1086

Medication/Prescription Fax: (515) 402-4381

Ready to get started?

Please Note: Although every effort is made to protect confidentiality, it is not recommended that personal health information be delivered via un-encrypted e-mail, as it is not a secure form of communication. Please be aware that 515 Therapy & Consulting does not provide emergency services. In case of emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest hospital.